Curiosity takes me to a top 5 list and Photoshop practice
I haven’t quite figured out the appeal of the websites where every article starts with “top five (or ten, fifteen…) reasons to…but they seem to be popular so I thought I would try one. I used the free website Pixabay for the post it notes and the pictures of fries and potatoes to play with in Photoshop.
Top five reasons to eat french
(The photoshopped word makes it look really impressive and believable I’m sure)
- Potatoes are healthy for you according to Medical News Today.
- Potatoes contain calcium and magnesium which help to maintain bone density.
- The potassium contained in potatoes help to lower blood pressure – so you don’t have to worry about the extra salt on fries as the two offset each other. The calcium and magnesium further help to lower blood pressure.
- Potatoes are good for heart health due to their fibre, vitamin C and B-6 content.
- There are a number of other nutrients that help to fight inflammation, cancer and indigestion.
- Potatoes can also help regulate metabolism, control your weight and help your skin by smoothing wrinkles – loving this last point!
- There was some information on the second page about possible health risks, but it doesn’t support my hypothesis, so it would have to be heavily redacted if it were included here.
- The fast food industry employs a significant number of people in Canada – McDonalds alone employs 80,000 people, most of whom would lose their jobs if we stopped eating french fries and the food that goes along with them. That means a lot of students who couldn’t afford to go to university without a job, and future generations of unskilled, unemployable workers. Therefore, fries = future employment.
- Less paper products would be used if fast food restaurants stopped selling fries. Yes, that might be better for the forests, but think of the lost jobs again. The pulp and paper manufacturing sector contributed about $7 billion to the Canadian economy in 2013, according to Statistics Canada; although I’m not sure how much of that is paper product sold to fast food chains. Therefore; fries = current employment.
Okay, I can only come up with three reasons. Here is a pretty funny list of 12 reasons to eat fries. Enjoy!!
P.S. I am going to eat more potatoes after reading this, just not of the deep-fried variety